Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Nokia phones are CRAP

OK. Nokia mobile phones are NOT – I repeat, are NOT – able to withstand 30 minutes submerged in chlorinated water. I established that today, during my lunchtime swim.

“Off we go for our lunchtime swim tra la la la, so healthy and fit la di da, pop my phone in my boardshorts pocket, just remember to take it out before I jump in the pool, ha ha ha as if I’d forget that, wanker.”

I’m sure work (it was a work phone) will realise it was a valid scientific test.

“Um, my phone stopped working, can I have another please thankyou?”

“Is there any reason it stopped working?”

“Ah. It did get a wee bit wet.”

“How did it get wet? How wet did it get?”

“OK OK I fucking went swimming with it for half an hour, what is this the inquisition, it should be able to handle it, give me a new one. Please.”

“No.”

“OK.”

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL.

Its myth busted but you will need increase N to call it science.

I suggest you need to get a grant to continue this research.

Something like "Investigate the robustness of portable communication devices in highly chlorinated public environments"

A friend of mine once washed and machine dried his phone. It kinda keep working for a few months.

Melbourne D

6:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does this mean you are used to having something hard in your pocket normally - if you didn't notice a mobile phone while swimming in WET shorts?

impressed Bunkie

8:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo bad visuals, a wet wombat with a hard on.

8:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo bad visuals, a wet wombat with a hard on.

8:26 am  
Blogger secret wombat said...

Melb D - am in the process of letting it dry at the moment. Not at all optimistic...

Bunkie - I didn't notice it until the post-swim shower. Not sure what that means. But, given the advances in minitiarisation, I'm not sure that a mobile in my pocket is all that pleased-to-see-you, these days.

Anon - prude.

9:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Put it in the drier!
Go on you know you want to.

Melbourne D

1:25 pm  
Blogger secret wombat said...

Or the microwave? Like a cat!

9:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home