Thursday, March 08, 2007

absurdities

While swimming at lunch today, it occurred to me that I must be getting better at handling work because I'm as swamped as I've ever been (trying to finish the next issue of the magazine and pulling together the research section of the annual report, which is a headfuck of a job) but I feel nowhere near as stressed as I did at this time last year, when I had the same amount of work (I do feel a bit stressed, but not nauseatingly so). So that's good. But I also realised that some of the stress I do feel is because I don't feel so stressed. How fucked is that? I actually seem to be balancing things a bit better (not as well as I should, but hey...) and my man-child idiot homunculus is telling me that because I'm not ill with stress, I must not be doing enough work. How do people/societies get their internal priorities so screwed up?

Anyway -- new project is not to feel stressed about not feeling stressed. Baby steps, people...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A few more years and you'll write the annual report and the magazine while having kiperinia's at the "."
The only stress you'll experience will be from trying to order another drink before the happy hour ends. Cheers

3:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home