Tuesday, January 23, 2007

hardcore regime

have been very lax with the blog of late -- trying to get on top of work and not spend too much time in the office. It's THE NEW ME.

I feel better about work etc than I did at this stage last year (not sure WHY I feel better, but am not questioning it. It might be my new HARDCORE FITNESS REGIME. I'm swimming for 30min at lunchtime nowadays. It's good for several reasons:
  1. I stop at the Japanese restaurant (NOT this one) on the way back to work and pick up sushi for lunch, thereby avoiding the dubious delights of the work cafeteria;
  2. I don't self-flagellate because I intended, and failed, to swim after work;
  3. I avoid the work cafeteria;
  4. I have much more energy at work in the afternoon; and
  5. I avoid the work cafeteria.
And, I was amused by the following excerpt from the Cebu Pacific airline website's online bookimng page. It nicely sums up the Filipino fixation with nicknames (almost nobody is introduced or addressed as their own name -- everyone has a nickname). I especially like the second paragraph (partly the general sentiment and partly that they used "i.e." instead of "e.g.", which results in wonderful implications). Oh to be one of those people...
Please make sure that you enter your FULL NAME, ex. Juan dela Cruz. "Juan" is the first name or given name and "dela Cruz" is the surname or family name. Please do not use your aliases/nicknames. Or better yet, if you are a passport-holder, please enter your name as it appears in your passport and use your passport as your form of ID at point of check-in.

For guests with single-word names, i.e. just Kristanto, please contact the Call Center at (632) 70-20-888 to make your bookings.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to Brazil Name you could be Secraldo

Melbrouna aka Melbourne D.

8:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back...
just not eating the cafeteria food is probably enough to stimulate this new burst of engery and perspective.

Bunkie

9:01 am  
Blogger Lone Gopher said...

LOVED Brazilian Names. My younger brother will now forever be Andildo.

/Lonildo

6:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home