Tuesday, March 28, 2006

hating starbucks - an addendum

Sorry to harp, but I googled "hate starbucks" (including the quote marks, so Google searches for the words together in that order) and got more than 33,000 results. Adding an "I" to the front yielded more than 22,000 results. Contrastingly (and depressingly), "I love starbucks" gave 101,000 results. It makes you wonder how much longer independent places can survive (the second essay below touches on why it's important that independent places do survive). I found two essays that I thought were worth posting here:
  1. Why do I, personally, hate Starbucks (this came from www.ihatestarbucks.com, which returned the first Google result)
  2. Why do people hate Starbucks? -- a considered piece from a bloke named Garrison Frost.

2 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

the starbucks hateres will have more reason to hate when they realize there's a movie coming out called "How starbucks saved my life."

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

10:22 pm  
Blogger secret wombat said...

I looked at your post on this - that is SCARY. If it happens, it'd be good to know how much of a role Starbucks corp played in bringing it to fruition.

8:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home