Monday, July 10, 2006

Sylvia Plath, comic genius

The second exciting installment in secret wombat’s “Back of the DVD cover” series!! Click here for the first Krazy-with-a-Kapital-K effort.
There is, in my apartment, a DVD containing the film Sylvia, starring Gwyneth Paltrow and Daniel Craig, and which I’ve yet to watch. DVDs seem to appear out of nowhere here; I’m sure I never actually bought this one myself. I’m also sure that it’s a 100% BONA FIDE, LEGITIMATE, NON-PIRATED COPY. Here is the blurb on the back of the cover:

And here (at the bottom of the image) is the quote taken from a review of the film (at least I assume it’s from a review due to the quotation marks – no source is cited):

Of course! From the blurb, it certainly sounds like a riot. Brilliant but troubled woman attempts suicide. Survives. Finds love. Loses love. Commits suicide. ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY HILARIOUS!!!

Like I said, I haven’t seen it yet. Maybe it is hilarious. Or maybe somebody scanned the Caddyshack review onto the Sylvia cover. Hard to believe that would happen on a 100% BONA FIDE, LEGITIMATE, NON-PIRATED COPY, though. Whatever, I’ll watch it when I’m feeling down and need some slapstick light relief to perk me up.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, that's magnificent. I think I've burst my lung from laughing

3:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home