Thursday, November 02, 2006

Hey...you!

So, SW is off to Cebu City tomorrow to meet, for the first time, D's folks. Probably about time after almost 3 years (by far a relationship record, I'll have you know), but SW is not without some trepidation. It could well be fun; it could well be a weekend of cross-cultural awkwardness. Were I a local lad, I'd be expected to address them, initially, as "sir" and "ma'am"... but that won't happen. Nor do they expect it -- they know I'm not local -- but D's helpful advice is "just don't address them at all."

Stay tuned...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck SW and good luck D

I still find it odd addressing my in-laws by their first names and I've known them for 5 years.

Melbourne D

8:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I echo that, best of luck wombat and D.

Diggers

12:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are all happy. wombat managed not to use maam and sir nor your highness, your eminence, your honor

d

6:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

or 'your Regulificence'?

10:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

Just remembered u had a blog. Forgot for the last 6 mnths. Will start reading and leaving cheeky and or witty comments asap!

Maxwell house.

3:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home