Friday, August 25, 2006

this man KNOWS me

Got an email yesterday from a guy working at one of my workplace’s sister institutes, in Nigeria. He wanted to change the postal address at which he receives the magazine I edit. This man – with whom I have never had any correspondence whatsoever – is CLEARLY a person of great wisdom and integrity. Here are my reply to his initial email and his reply to my email. To preserve anonymity (which SW holds in extremely high regard), I’ve changed names and the publication title. All else is verbatim…

From: secretwombat
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 10:47 AM
To: Obviously an astute guy
Subject: RE: Redirection of TOTALLY EXCELLENT Publication

Dear Dr. Obviously an astute guy,

Many thanks for this information. We will change contact details on our mailing list as you suggest.

Sincerely,
secretwombat

Secretwombat
Editor, TOTALLY EXCELLENT magazine


From: Obviously an astute guy
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 6:50 PM
To: secretwombat
Subject: Re: Redirection of TOTALLY EXCELLENT Publication

Dear Dr. wombat,

You are just wonderful. Thank you very much for your prompt response.

With all high regards.

Obviously an astute guy



...and he even addressed me as "Dr"...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home