Tuesday, August 22, 2006

we got mountains...

Kochi prefecture runs along the Pacific edge of Shikoku, the smallest of Japan's four main islands, in the country's southwest. It is very rural and very mountainous. It has many rivers. Lennart, the Swedish guy who lived next to me in Otaguchi village for a few months in 2001, once said to me with Scandinavian modesty: "I rode up around the river this morning. It's very...it's very...oh, my English is terrible. Very serpentine!"
























Oh my god! it's bigger than the mountains! IT WILL DESTROY US ALL...




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely stunning.

that 'hopper must have high rent with a view like that.

Ash

1:03 pm  
Blogger Lone Gopher said...

Beautiful Pics!
Lennart was right.

/J.

2:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home