Tuesday, May 02, 2006

why MY weekend was better than YOURS

Last weekend, you probably sat around in some sort of mute torpor, counting your toes or playing hour upon hour of Ms Pacman. I however, spent my weekend at a beach house on the west coast of Luzon. I sunned myself on the lawn while taking in this view:


...and ate some of the finest food in the land -- such as this lapu lapu fish (which was later perfectly grilled)


...and The Perfect Breakfast: a Danish rye cracker spread with gorgonzola cheese and topped with slices of sweet, juicy tomato, and cracked pepper, accompanied by excellent coffee:


You probably ate a shit sandwich, made with stale bread.

When I felt a little warm -- as one does from time to time in the tropics -- I cooled off in this pool:



You were probably so preoccupied with your itchy, scabrous skin that thoughts of temperature would have been a luxury.


*sigh*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to believe MY weekend was even better than yours as my breakfast included "Nonno Sopressa" salami and SW prepared coffee.

To anonymous: Great website. Just paid 220USD subscription fee to be able to join the surveys. Hope that's cool.

11:15 am  
Blogger secret wombat said...

I saved the salami for lunch - along with the smoked salmon.

11:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home