Monday, May 22, 2006

slipped shorts

I don’t want to say that my sartorial standards have in any way slipped since I moved to tropics. It’s true that I’ve never exactly blazed a trail of style. However, it did occur to me last night, when preparing for French M’s farewell party, that maybe my previous relaxed standards had mellowed even further. It now appears that – in Los Baños if not Manila, where I am surely on the verge of being featured in the society magazine Philippine Tatler – my idea of “making an effort” is to wear the shorts that require a belt, rather than the ones with the drawstring. (It must be noted that this is because the former are less scungy than the latter, not because of method of keeping them up.) Despite this descent, I should add that I insist on clean clothes. Cleanliness is a STRENGTH.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the visual of you at least wearing clothes.

Ash

7:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home