Wednesday, February 01, 2006

numbers

Number of mobile phones provided to me by my employer in current contract: 1

Number of previous users of SIM card provided with phone: 1

Number of previous SIM card users who were devout and married with kids: 1

Number of txts for devout previous user sent to me by young women who were not devout previous user’s daughters: many

Number of young women who sent abovementioned txts: at least 4 (3 Filipino, 1 Vietnamese…possibly more but early txts were not saved)

Number of such women who referred to previous user as “Daddy” (despite not being previous user’s daughter): 1

Number of such women who said they missed previous user’s kisses: 1

Number of such women who upon learning from me that previous user was now living on another continent were devastated by the news: zero

Number of such women who upon learning from me that previous user was now living on another continent swiftly asked me questions such as “What is your name? Where are you from? How old are you? You married or single? Can we be friends? Where do you live? Can I see you?”: 3

Number of such women I have seen: zero (boring but true).

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coming from a guy who is set to get married, I am sure you will kick yourself when your 90.

6:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are getting married?

3:59 pm  
Blogger secret wombat said...

Dear anonymous 2: I think I know who anonymous 1 is, and I think he is referring to himself. I have no immediate marriage plans.

5:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous 1 is not me, if that's what's you're thinking.

So I guess I'm not the only person who thinks you should get married.

Cheers, "Anon 3"

PS-- This whole SIM thing is old news, I've already covered this story on www.slowfanchen.net

1:57 pm  
Blogger secret wombat said...

Anon 3: Read the text carefully. If Anon 1 was referring to himself, that would imply that he is "a guy who is set to get married". YOU are obviously not such a guy. It ain't all about you! And I guess you think that conventional narrative stuff at SFC flies with the kids? We-hell, I've got news for you...

2:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't kid yourself. Your wankerly abstrusions on triviata wouldn't fool anyone who read your blog buddy.

IF anyone read your blog!

Anon 3

2:52 pm  
Blogger secret wombat said...

Ooohhh, Anon 3 - SO postmodern...

3:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home