Thursday, January 12, 2006

Long and hard...

Arrived in Manila on Monday evening after 3 frenetic but enjoyable weeks in Oz. As usual, I tried to do too many things, which created the usual tensions with family and D, and a tingling sense of guilt due to feeling like I shortchanged a few friends by a few hours (or days) here and there. I have vowed (as usual) that next time I will plan far less and reserve much more chill-out time. This remains to be seen, but I sense I'm nearing some sort of straw-breaking-camel's-back threshold that will result in me actually doing what I intend.

My first couple of days back in the orifice were horrendous -- I really didn't want to be here. In many ways I still don't, but this afternoon I find myself in an unexpected, inexplicable, and irrational good mood. I'll try to just roll with it.

In short, I think I've hit a writing/editing wall. I'm sick to death of sitting at a desk in front of computer, fiddling about with bits of writing and editing that relate to other people's work -- some of which is interesting, to be fair, but much of which is not.

Maybe it's just the come-down after a holiday. I hope so. Otherwise, 2006 is shaping up to be long and hard...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Long and hard and in the orifice. Sounds like 2006 is rooted.

12:38 pm  
Blogger secret wombat said...

And how...

2:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home