Friday, December 09, 2005

where is everybody?

While this blog is mostly just for me -- I am inclined to actually write in it, as opposed to pen-and-paper journals, which, despite all intentions to the contrary, I assiduously avoid. And I've yet to tell any of my friends about it (partly because that would imply that I think it's worth reading, and I'm not convinced that's the case). But, like most frustrated writers, I have to confess to a faint hope that somebody, somewhere, reads it. Yet googling "secret wombat" yields nothing at all. For a while it showed up on Yahoo, but for some reason it's dropped out of there as well. And I think all but one of the very few comments I've received have been spam. It's tempting to mention "I have a blog" to a couple of friends -- at least to those who have blogs themselves. They might be prepared to do an "I'll read yours if you read mine" deal. And there are still a few people out there who are less tech-savvy than I am, and who might be...if not impressed, then at least not unimpressed. I could tell them about it, too. On the other hand, it would be nice if people just discovered it out of the blue. But it seems that the world's search engines don't like secret wombat. Where is bloody secret wombat indeed...?

4 Comments:

Blogger From the lion's mouth said...

Clearly googling "secret wombat" yields the post of my blog where you left a comment about people who claim Labor and Liberal are all the same, as I was wondering what on earth a google search for secret wombat was doing in my blog stats and actually just wrote a post about it this morning. Then one of my friends (who clearly has too much time on his hands) pointed out this post, and the mystery was all cleared up. I was convinced ASIO were training wombats to dig up bombs... oh well.

1:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously here, as an occasional SEOer and full-time geek - the reason you site doesn't rank well, even for "secret wombat", is because Google doesn't know it's there - try this search to see what I mean. You need to get inbound links to your site and, unfortunately, they can't come from other blogspot blogs...

HTH

3:29 pm  
Blogger secret wombat said...

Aaaah. I suspected it was something like that. Thankyou. Now I guess I have to work out how to get inbound links.

3:16 pm  
Blogger R. Duckie said...

HI - well, I just came by your blog randomly right now, and happened to find this post with a random archive click, so there. And Hi!

2:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home