Friday, May 27, 2005

Mission accomplished

I’ve had a stupid afternoon – NOTHING done, spent half an hour looking around campus for my mobile phone when it was sitting in my office the whole time.

The only productive thing I’ve done this afternoon is realise that I hate mission statements. If I ever create an organization or a company or something, it will NOT have a mission statement. I’ll provide information on what the organization is/does, but I can bloody do that without giving it a wanky, self-important title (ie “mission Statement”) and if I start a company that makes, say, plastic bottles, I am NOT going to say that “Bottles Inc. is committed to serving its shareholders through the design and manufacture of superior products and services in the field of…”

I will say that “Bottles Inc. makes plastic bottles.”

Not that I’m likely to start a bottle-making company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home