Wednesday, March 05, 2008

specifics

Saw a sign on a jeepney the other day that said

Conserve Native Philippine Vertebrate Fauna!

I liked this and I wholeheartedly agree with the implications. Invertebrate fauna? Pfff! Flora? Bah! Vertebrate fauna? NOW you're talkin'.

And why say ... oh, I don't know ... "Conserve Native Animals"? Though that would mean all the arthropods and stuff. That would make a pretty cool slogan, actually: "Conserve Native Philippine Arthropods!" Then I'd take it seriously.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe they're just being clear about that spineless politicians are not included in the conservation plans.

/J.

Lepidopteras are arthropods btw, I'm sure you knew that.

7:26 pm  
Blogger secret wombat said...

whoops. Thanks LG, I am reddened...

6:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home