Tuesday, October 16, 2007

the earth's sighs

I know the bad-English-in-Asia thing has been done to death, but I find it FUNNY, damn it.

I took the following two examples from my China trip in August. Apologies for the crap photo quality.

Here's the room service menu from the Fengtai International Hotel in Fengtai City, Anhui Province, China (you'll probably need to click on the photo to make it large enough to read):



And here's a sign in the bathroom of my room at the same hotel:



And, no, I would NOT make the same mistakes if I wrote in Chinese, thank you very much.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

LOL, absolutely fucking great! Chestnuts burning chicks and onions that make goose explode! When you come here I'll try making one of these 4 ya!

1:49 am  
Blogger secret wombat said...

We'll include that on the menu at our restaurant, just under the Belgian stew.

11:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home